Sunday, May 17, 2009

Food Fascism

I love David Boaz's apt usage of the term "food fascism" in his post over at CATO regarding President Obama's selection of Thomas Friedman to lead the CDC.

I wonder how many supporters of socialized health care have fully thought through to the logical consequences. It reminds me of that phrase we likely all heard as teenagers: "If you live under my roof, you live by my rules." When we live under the government's roof of health care, how can we complain about all the new rules-of-the-house that will come with it? Of course, most want the best of both worlds: they want to live the lifestyle of their choosing, but want the government to pay for any ill consequences of those choices. That's likely what we'll end up with, at least for a while. When the unsustainability, economically speaking, of such a plan finally catches up with us, what then?

-WM

No comments:

Post a Comment